Wednesday 7 November 2012

BusyBusyBusyBusy...Oooh shiny car!

November promised to be a busy month and she is not holding back any punches! Things are moving at a million miles an hour at Expedition Central.

Events wise, the Café Scientifique Event on the 22nd of November is shaping up to be a wonderful evening.  Our panel of speakers will include Ciaran Cuffe, Gavin Harte, and Frank Mc Donald and myself. The event will start with a short film about last years Expedition, and then each panelist will speak for 5 minutes on their area of expertise on Climate Change. The speeches will be followed by a Q+A session with the audience. All of this will be held over food and wine in La Cocotte Café at the Alliance Francaise. Admission is free and donations will be accepted on the night towards my Expedition.

For RSVP to this event please contact The Alliance Francaise here!

From there I will be jetting back to the bright lights of home as I have been asked to speak at the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship Event in Letterkenny (LYIT) on November 23rd at 2pm.

I am incredibly honoured to have been asked to speak at this event and I am looking forward to sharing my story and details of the 2041 Antarctic Youth Ambassador Programme with such a dedicated group of people.

  NFTE Ireland is an all-island entrepreneurship programme operated by Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation and affiliated to NFTE International. NFTE Ireland's mission is to provide entrepreneurship education to young people living in low-income communities on the island of Ireland. Our vision is that every young person will find a pathway to prosperity. NFTE is committed to helping young people reach their full potential through educational and entrepreneurial opportunities.

Once details have been confirmed I will post them here!


Many thanks to Niamh and all the crew over at the Project Arts Centre I will be holding a stand up comedy evening called Stand Up for Penguins! on November 30th at 8.30pm. We are working on acts for the evening and it is going to be AWESOME!! You can join the Facebook Event Page HERE!

Finally I need to say a huge thank you to Mark Daly over at ESB Ecars. I spent Monday afternoon with Mark learning all about Ecar Technology in Ireland. The advancments and commitment to Ecar technology and Renewable Energy as a power source in Ireland are admirable. I also got to take a spin in one of their electric fleet and I am honestly converted! I hope to work more with Mark and all the team at ESB Ecars over the next 18months to raise awareness about the viability of making the switch to EPV's.

One of the many reasons I am happy I undertook this project is the amazing opportunities I have had to look deeper at realistic models that lead to more sustainability and environmental protection within industries that have, in the past, been attributed to negative impacts on our environment. Ecocem and ESB Ecars are two shining examples of this....





No comments:

Post a Comment